Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I, Robot

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Frijoles Negros, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    Sum up-
    Are you an Asimov fan? Are you looking for this book adapted to the screen? Dont bother looking for a careful adaptation of the novel. Matter of fact, dont expect much in the way of the novel, except for some characters and the three laws.

Didnt read the book? It might help you out. This is a good movie and you can avoid the problems of film and the lack of a careful adaptation.

I liked the movie and I would be happy to see it again. I was concerned with the lead actor's abilities and too much CGI as a possible, yet probable angle where the film would fail. Will smith's one-liners didnt detract from the story, and neither did the CGI. Like most movies, you get the hint of character complexity, and they do this well for a movie, but the story is well put together.

Personally, I found the movie to be more provacative than entertaining, and stimulated a suprisingly very wide range of discussions afterwards.

2. Good stuff. Go see it.

3. Best line in the movie: *Cough* "Oh excuse me , Im allergic to Bull****"

Good movie

4. I at least know how the robots of the future will be powered now. All we have to do is hook up a generator to Issac Asimov's grave.

5. CrapBass

CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    It was pretty cool. IMO

6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I really liked that movie. But I feel they could have made the robots fighting robots part longer.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Personally I would have liked to have seen the robots breakdance.

brad cook

8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Or some gratuitous robotic nudity. :ninja:

9. Actually, from the previews, I am quite sure there is alot of that. :meh:

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yes it did. Personally, I think that foundation would lead itself to make a better movie, but I don't think I'd like to see it bastardized :p

11. Flanders

Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    Hear! Here! (Not sure which one, guess I should stick with +1)

Although in truth the robot series and the foundation series were really all one LOOOONG story.

--O{}O--
    ...\___/...

12. I didn't know black beans were robots....

13. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    All of Asimov's stories' were connected to his 'Mule' concept.

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    As a robot I find this movie to be very damaging to our reputation.

I work hard as defender of the universe and all you guys do is make robots look like bad people.

Actually I dont know much about the movie but my friend said he left before it was over.