1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I wanna add another pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_snake, Jan 27, 2012.

1. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Hello folks,

I use a passive P/J Ibanez GSR 200. Genz Benz GBE600 head and a Genz Benz LS 112T. I play all kinds of music.

My pedalboard looks like this: JHS Lime Aid + Fuzzrocious Rat Tail + Digitech Bass Multi Chorus

I love the sound right now but I'd like to add one more thing. A wah don't seem compatible with it. I'm thinking of adding a delay or fuzz.

What would you add to it?

thanks,

Richie

2. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    A phase pedal.

3. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    Not totally necessary but maybe a pre-amp ? for extra features ,tone options and [emergency backup if your amp fails on stage.]

4. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    I was thinking of a phaser too. But doesn't it sound close to a chorus?

5. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    I had a Hartke Bass Attack that I recently got rid off. I just thought that I didn't need it. But you're right! Good for a back up.

6. droo46

droo46

Jun 16, 2011
    Moar FUZZ!

7. Viscera_Eyes

Viscera_Eyes

Oct 27, 2008
    Phaser and chorus are both modulation, but phaser is still pretty different. There are not many wrong answers with a comp (lime aid is a comp right?), distortion and a chorus. If it was me, I would probably go with a delay as I love delay and chorus simultaneously. A good filter could add many options as well.

8. This...over and over again.

9. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    phazer or flanger

10. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

I'll go a different route and suggest a Line6 M5. This way you can experiment a bit.

11. I agree with Jazz Ad some sort of multi function pedal the M5 get loads of love but then there is the Zoom B3 that's awfully sexy.

12. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    I generally HATE modulation. Choruses are blah....flangers are decent when VERY sutble....a phaser can be decent. It's a bit pricey but the Neunaber Chroma Chorus is beautiful...not your daddy's outdated chorus. It cuts out the warbles and makes it a bit more modern. The Infanem Faye Sing is pretty groovy if you go the phaser route. I kinda found it can cover what I would want in a flanger. So it's like two birds/one stone for me.

All that being said....MOAR FUZZ. TA!FM all the way.