1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I will never forget.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    September 11th, 2001 :(

2. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst

Jun 4, 2008
    yeah. I'm pretty sure most people remember what they were doing when they found out. One of those 'once in a life time' events.

3. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    Im curious, have you, or anyone else on Tb from NYC, ever ran into one of those conspiracy theorist dudes on the street or anything?

4. Just back from the shops, and in my quaint little town, a few houses had the stars and stripes on the door with "Never Forget" written over them.

5. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    american%20flag.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Can't believe that it was seven years ago. Seems like just yesterday.

7. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Amen bretheren (and sisteren). Having recently returned from an AFE tour of SW Asia, I can tell you that our soldiers over there have NOT forgotten and clearly understand 9/11 as the main reason for them doing what they're doing.

If the United States is going to fall, we'll do it ourselves instead of some outside force, thank you.

8. Thank you. We don't always feel the love over here.

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    [​IMG]
    Never Forget.

10. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    wow, reminds me of when I went to NY a couple of years ago... we went to pay respect at ground zero, and I remember being infuriated that I could see graffiti on the construction boards around the surrounding buildings...

when I got closer I remember wanting to cry tears of rage at the people who did this to us all, and tears of disappointment in myself for being so negative about it - it was just hundreds of messages written to nearest and dearest lost on that day :(

RIP

11. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Never forget +1

Media never letting us forget by showing the moment of plane impact and the towers crumbling and showing the death moment of so many innocent people -1

Moving forward +1

12. I remember being in my 8th grade history class when we heard about it and my teacher saying, "This day will never be forgotten. This will be in history books."

God bless America.

13. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    My buddy is a major in the army. He was stationed in Al Anbar Province and he sent my family an American flag that was flown on route clearing missions (IED removal).

This flag has been flying over my school (I teach middle school) for almost two years now. Seeing it flying at half mast this morning was very sobering.

I am not overly patriotic, nor do I support our actions in Iraq.
    But I was very moved, nonetheless.

14. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    [​IMG]

I still remember it like it was yesterday ... still to date has to be the single most scariest thing to ever of happened.

Maybe partly to the fact that i was suppost to visit NYC that weekend however we went a week earlier .

15. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Never forget. But we do need to work on forgiving. If we keep anger in our hearts we empower people who wish to terrorize us.

16. Sending the love from down under. Although not directly affected, I can still remember where I was when I found out (bed, actually). I don't feel the same way as you guys I am sure, not being american I have no sense of patriotism towards the USA, however I have a great respect for human life, and for some many innocent lives to be lost is tradgic, no matter which country it happens in. I feel deeply sorry for anyone who's lives where tradgically cast asunder that day 7 years ago.

17. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I saw one of those jerks giving away DVDs in the subway station when I was there for the International GTG. 911 conspiracy believers generally fall into two camps: either genuinely insane or plain stupid/gullible. 911 conspiracy authors/leaders also generally fall into two camps: genuinely insane or evil charlatains out to make a buck by preying on the stupid and insane.

God rest the souls of all those we lost on that fateful day.

18. Georynn

Georynn

Dec 4, 2007
    Memphis,Tn
    I'll never forget.
    My daughter was born extremely prematurely (24 weeks!) she had been in an incubator for two months before we could hold her. My wife and I were both working nights and driving to the hospital @ 2:00 in the morning, so we held our baby girl for the very first time @ 4:00AM September 11, 2001. We were all feeling good and happy. we drove home with a big smile. turned on the TV, and BLAMMO. instead of sleeping, we drove back to the hospital and didn't leave for two days, just in case. And we live almost 1200 miles away...

After watching it on TV it seems surreal to watch the replays, Still makes me MAD :mad: to this day.

19. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah, I'm not a very emotional person, but going to the WTC memorial is pretty overwhelming. I was in NYC by myself, and I pretty much sat down at the nearest bench and called everyone I loved. It was pretty intense. At first glance it looks like a construction site, but closer inspection really makes it a gut wrenching thing. I'm glad I took the time to see it. I would recommend it to everyone.

20. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Winter 2002 I went skiing in western PA and visited the improvised memorial that was in place in Shanksville at the time. Highly recommended if you're near the area. Those people were true heros.