1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez ARTB100 Short Scale Single Cut?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mikebass79, Apr 15, 2009.

1. mikebass79

mikebass79

Apr 15, 2009
    Does anyone have this bass? It looks great! I'm wondering how it sounds, plays, etc.

2. mikebass79

mikebass79

Apr 15, 2009
    bump

3. slinkymojo

slinkymojo

Feb 16, 2009
    I got your message by the way and yes it is an amazing bass. Its beautiful, easy to play, and the sound is great. I only wish i had a better amp cause my one is really bad for quality but on my mates amp the sound is great. If you get it i hope you make great sounds with it. I know I have :hyper:

4. mikebass79

mikebass79

Apr 15, 2009
    I wish gibson made a short scale les paul bass. I'd love to see a les paul bass that looks like their les paul custom guitars.

5. slinkymojo

slinkymojo

Feb 16, 2009
    That would be pretty cool. I have another black 5-string bass. My first one. I dunno the make but its an active circuit. It booms out the sound amazingly. I was wondering though is there any way of increasing the battery life?

6. mikebass79

mikebass79

Apr 15, 2009
    Anyone else have the ibanez artb100? I've been looking for reviews of it but to no avail.

7. dubstylee

dubstylee

Feb 9, 2007
    I haven't, but I want one bad!

8. I'm thinking of getting one, as I need a short scale; only question is black or white. They both look great. Anyone think black is cooler?

9. renhoek

renhoek

Nov 11, 2009
    todo.

my artb 100 :D (modified, jeje)

10. turbalan

turbalan

Jul 9, 2009
    sweet:D

11. Zaney

Zaney

Aug 17, 2007
    Hampshire, UK
    Wh have you changed the pups? And where did you get the thumb rest?
    I like the red star but not the other icon. cool though!

12. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    I found two that were used on Musicfriends but they both had cracks in the finish. I wonder if this will be problem for them.

13. macheted01

macheted01

Sep 2, 2010
    I have one that I picked up off of ebay. I like it. I really want to like it more though. The setup on this was horrible when I got it. Some serious fret buzz on the E and A strings. I took it to the local guitar tech and had him run though it. Its ok, but cant get the action down low where I like it, even after the setup. Still has the fret buzz on the E string. I think I just got a bad one. It maybe should be a 2nd or factory refurb, but definately is not stamped or show signs of one. Overall looks is awsome. The sound is definately more classic rock, which I like, but would like a little more at times. I am thinking about taking this to another luthier and getting there input on it. If I can get it setup to where I like it, I will look at getting some different pups.

14. Marv Marvin

Marv Marvin

Dec 14, 2011
    Hello,
    I guess by now most of you that own this amazing bass have found out that there are no replacement pickups available for it from anyone. I own two of these 1 black and 1 white and they are excellent instruments. A qualified luthier can get the action down and eliminate fret buzz if he takes his time with it. The pickups on the other hand are in my opinion one trick ponies. They are hot with ceramic magnets which in my opinion is geared towards hard rock and/or metal. Hard to dial in a "vintage" tone. What has anyone else done to overcome this?
    Thank you,
    Marvin

15. zombie grave

zombie grave

Jan 25, 2017
    yes i have one artb100 black it's amazing , have the playability of a guitar and sound as an amazing bass , have a great punch in midle range and looks amazing , im trying everytime to buy a white one or another black one to switch the collor for matt black
    ibanez-artb100-257426.