1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez ATK mod idea

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by maniac mikej, Jul 27, 2012.

1. maniac mikej

maniac mikej

Oct 28, 2010
    Mayfield, PA
    Hello all! I have a pair of ibanez atk's that I will be adding a neck pickup to, similar in fashion to warwick double bucks or musicman hh's. My question is simply, what value blend knob would I need? I'm putting duncan basslines in the necks. Thanks all!!!:bassist:

2. Follow1

Follow1

Apr 10, 2011
    interesting

3. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I'll have to look for the thread, but there is a member how added another tri-coil pickup to his ATK.

Very positive report.

Bob

4. I bought an ATK pickup on ebay 4-5 years back, been meaning to do the same thing to my 400 (or another ATK).

Not sure which value to use, the higher the value the clearer the shift between pickups I'd imagine. Not sure if you have to be particular about it being active or not, or if you can just blend them using whatever you fancy prior to the preamp.

Some of the new ATKs have a J pickup at the neck position which is controlled with a blend pot (they used to just use a selector switch). It may be worth seeing if you can find what value of blend they use?

5. mr.mow

mr.mow

Feb 11, 2009
    Melbourne
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    The blend pot on the current atk is pretty 'on/off', there is a tiny tiny range 5-10% (juuuuust past the detent!) that blends then it's all or nothing.
    I pop the back plate off when I get home and check the value of the pot for you.