1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, May 4, 2010.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Hello All,

I have been looking at the SR705 or 706. I have been rading some good things and bad things. One of the bad things have been the bridges and Intonation. Can sombody clear this up.

Thanks
    Shaun

2. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    Intonation is not a issue if the bridge is adjustable....

3. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I think what I have been reading is that you have to keep adjusting it pretty often. I am not sure if this is true or not.

Shaun

4. PaulNYC

PaulNYC

Apr 2, 2009
    New York, NY
    i got paid for a gig once.
    That sounds awfully strange. My SR has no such problem.

5. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    The saddle adjustment screws on the low budget GSR's have been known to not stay in place, but the upper models don't suffer from that at all.

6. bassdaddyfive

bassdaddyfive

Feb 12, 2009
    Kenosha Wi.
    I never had that problem with my SR706 or 506, or any of my BTB's. Good bass for the money.

7. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    I own 3 GSRs made from 2008-present and have not had any problems with the saddle adjustment stability. Just another data point FYI. Now, the cheap tuners on some GSRM models are another matter. :D

8. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I am glad to here that there is no problem.

Shaun