1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez blazer 1981?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by staf Wouters, Jul 20, 2012.

1. staf Wouters

staf Wouters

Jan 18, 2011
    Hey guys

I found a guy who wants to sell an Ibanez Blazer 1981 for € 500.

I like the weight, the sound seems to be good too.

The bridge is somewhat rusted, the knobs are too, but they work good.

The neck seems slightly bend somewhere around the 12th fret.

And there is fretbuzz above the 19th fret. Probably due to the thickness of the strings. (E string is as thick as a B string of a 5str bass)

I plan to use it for gigs on songs in drop C. The problem is the price, would you guys advice me to buy it now? Or should I certainly aim for a lower price, if yes, what price?

Greetz,
    Me :bag:

2. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Unless you misplaced a 0 and meant 50 instead of 500, I think there are probably a ton of better basses you can get for that amount of cash....sounds like a 100$ bass to me.

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Yes, about 150 dollar US bass in that condition. Sells up to 300 in great condition.

What's the lbs conversion on that? 80-200ish?

4. staf Wouters

staf Wouters

Jan 18, 2011
    U don't know what lbs conversion means :D. It weighs less than my ibanez gsr200

5. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Exactly this. Great bang for your buck basses and great quality, but that one is way overpriced and sounds like it doesn't play too well.

6. Rat Blitz

Rat Blitz

Jan 6, 2009
    It's a great bass to play. It does sell for about $300 in very good condition but in my opinion it should be worth much more than that. It's a precision killer extraordinaire.

7. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Offer him two hundred and fifty euros...that's about what it's really worth......

8. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    I picked up a 1982 (last year of production) Blazer about 3 weeks ago. It is in fantastic condition and included the original case. It needed a good cleaning and set-up. I jumped on those and now it plays, looks and sounds sweet. I believe that most Blazers came with a brass bridge, volume and tone control knobs. Mine looked really bad, but with Brasso and some scrubing, it looks nearly new. The seller was given the bass a few years ago, but didn't play it. He was selling the Blazer along with a bass amp. I asked if he would sell me just the Blazer. He thought a minute or two and threw out an amount that surprised me - $100! I could barely contain myself and quickly agreed to that amount. Although I have no intention of selling it, one of these in this condiiton would probably go for $300 or so based upon my research before I bought this one. Good luck with it. :cool: