Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grunge, Mar 25, 2004.

What do you think about the BTB?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2004.
  1. Just love it!

12 vote(s)
  2. It's the worst bass i've ever touched

0 vote(s)
  3. neh...poor bass

6 vote(s)
  4. Never had the chance to play one of those

12 vote(s)
  1. Grunge

Jun 3, 2002
    I own one...anyway people seem to have different oppinions about this bass, some hate, other love...
    what about u?
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Not a fan. Body shape turns me off.. tone turns me off (except ones with Bartolinis..) and the B stringon the 5'ers isnt great IMO.
  3. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I recently bought one...a 510, non-Bart...I'm very new at this so my opinion really means squat. However...I did have a Mexican Fender Jazz...I just like the "feel" of the BTB more. The Jazz had a glossy finish to the neck...the BTB dosn't, it feels like I can slide up and down easier...I like the look of the BTB A LOT! I love the top horn...and it balances so much better than the Jazz...I have mine equipped with DR High Beams...it seems to sound good, better than Slinkys...but...that's just my opinion. At this point I've been able to buy a lot of gear but have had no real time to practice...3 kids and just had a baby a few days ago...practice is not a foreseeable thing right now.
  4. BTBs are nice basses, especially the 1000 series ones. IMHO with those basses (the higher end BTB) you get a nicely constructed, nice looking bass with Barts in it. Personally the neck feel and fret size used are a huge turnoff. I owned a 4 string BTB (The model underneath the natural finished ones), and the sound wasn't really there; the mid freq and boost made for a lot of different tones, just not many good ones in my oppinion. Overall though, nice basses, just not for me.
  5. i like em....thinking of getting one..im not a fan of 5 strings in general...or para mids....so if i was going to get a btb it would be a btb300 with the bubinga top (2 band eq)
  6. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    I have a BTB-405QM. I dig the tone and versatility. But I dont really like the neck or the 35" scale (I just can't train my hands to stretch on larger scale necks), and while the b-string is just as loud as the other strings it lacks any clarity.

I figured I would've gotten used to the longer scale length and a string change would've hailed a better B, but so far I haven't found a b-string to sound all that good. I'm more of a chunky'ish (EB SR or Warwick) 34" scale neck kind of person I think.
  7. cloakerz

Jan 12, 2002
    I have a btb1005 but gave it to my son. Pretty good bass for the price(600) and only complaint I have is marginal fret work.