1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez BTB780CM NTF / BTB785CM NTF

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheBlueFalcon, Oct 1, 2009.

1. TheBlueFalcon

TheBlueFalcon

Sep 17, 2009
    I've noticed that the Ibanez site tends to have boosted brightness (and sometimes colour) to show off special finishes. I understand why they do it but it's actually quite misleading in a way. The BTB780CM NTF looks nice, but I think it's a little too red (on the Ibanez site) for my liking. Chances are that it most likely isn't quite as bright and red as their photo suggests.

Does anyone own one of these basses (or the 5 string version) who would be kind enough to post or email me some actual photos please? Preferably in bright conditions but without a flash if possible?

Or at least if someone could confirm that the pictures on the link below are a more accurate representation of the real thing please?

http://www.musik-schmidt.de/gb-Ibanez-BTB785-CM-NTF.html

2. woo10

woo10

Feb 22, 2004
  3. TheBlueFalcon

TheBlueFalcon

Sep 17, 2009
    Thanks for the info. That was the US Limited Edition of the BTB780 which was available last year. We have a different version of it in Europe at the moment. I've decided to buy one anyway, so I'll be posting some photos of it on the BTB Club thread when I get it. :D

This is the one....

http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/66972_l.jpg

....but I believe the wood is darker and not quite as orange/red looking.

4. TheBlueFalcon

TheBlueFalcon

Sep 17, 2009
    I believe the link in my first post is a closer representation of the real thing, but I can't be sure until I get one.

5. woo10

woo10

Feb 22, 2004
    Given that the model you're looking for is not on the Ibanez USA or Canadian sites, I think this means it's not available on this side of the pond. Good luck though.

6. TheBlueFalcon

TheBlueFalcon

Sep 17, 2009
    No worries, I knew it was a long shot but I just hoped that someone from somewhere else in the World may have replied, or maybe someone in the US had imported one. I guess I'll keep my questions specific to the US in future, should I have any.

7. TheBlueFalcon

TheBlueFalcon

Sep 17, 2009
  8. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Good luck getting parts if you need em... Id stay VERY clear of Ibanez high end basses... TRUST me

9. TheBlueFalcon

TheBlueFalcon

Sep 17, 2009
    I have read your Ibanez RANT thread. Sorry, but I don't see the point in criticising Ibanez just because you made a mistake.

The Dealer I will be purchasing the bass from offers a 3 year warranty, so if there should be any problems during that time I'll go back to them to get it sorted. If I ever need parts after the warranty period is up, I'll get them from an Ibanez Dealer.

10. My next bass will be a BTB hands down.

11. TheBlueFalcon

TheBlueFalcon

Sep 17, 2009
    Which one are you going for? What will it be replacing?

I'll be ordering mine tomorrow. :hyper:

12. plus 1 against iby rant guy