1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Ibanez Ergodyne EDB 555 vs Cort B5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MateusBrito, Dec 4, 2015.

1. MateusBrito

MateusBrito

Dec 4, 2015
    Brazil
    Hi my friends...

I'm a new here. I have the bass Ibanez Ergodyne EDB 555 5 Strings Caps Seymour Duncan, but my friend have the bass Cort B5 5 Strings Caps Bartolini MK1.

I offered to trade my bass (Ibanez) in his (Cort) more money.

Which the basses have the better sound and equalization?

Thanks friends.

2. Don't know anything about the Ibanez, but I own a Cort B5FL (Fretless version of the B5) and, although the passive switch is nice, the active sound itself is not that impressive. I does the job, but the pre-amp is a bit underwhelming in variety. The basic tone is however quite good! Everything else is of high quality. The neck is straight, and comfortable.

Keep in mind that I don't know the Ibby, so the Cort might me better!

Good luck with your (potential) trade!

MateusBrito likes this.
  3. Lumdingo

Lumdingo

Dec 8, 2012
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hire me to design your band's Merch.
    I own an Ibanez Ergodyne EDA900 four string and it sounds great through a good amp. It's got a good solid low end with clear miss and a rich mid. I really like its tone. It's also the most comfortable bass I've ever played. The style of the design of the bass is weird and it might be harder to sell than the Cort, but the Ergodynes and the Affirma and Grooveline basses have a strong core of devotees.

4. The cort B5 offers two variants
    I highly recommend the swamp ash body model. I think it's called "OPN"
    It sounds great! The red stained model is mahogany and that doesn't sound too good too my ears with the rest of the dark sounding components in that bass. However the swamp ash just makes it work beautifully

5. The edb series on the other hand sounds dull and devoid of midrange to me. Or at least the one my friend has is.. Not fun

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021