1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ibanez Portamento 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BobDeRosa, Feb 21, 2016.

1. BobDeRosa

BobDeRosa Supporting Member Commercial User

May 16, 2012
    Penfield, NY
    Owner, Tritone Jazz Fantasy Camps
    Price:
    $795.00
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Here's a great deal for the first person who promises to treat this great bass as well as I have. This bass retails for $950.00. It's a beautiful Ibanez SRF705, fretless and in superb condition -- if there are any nicks at all, they're extremely small. I've had it for 18 months -- enough time to convince myself that a 5-string at this point in my career is too much, and I need to concentrate on playing my fours a whole lot better. Price includes careful packing and shipping within the continental U.S. Check out some YouTube videos about this bass--it's been very positively reviewed. PortFront.JPG PortFull.JPG PortFrontHead.JPG PortBack.JPG

2. johnnybegood48

johnnybegood48

Mar 2, 2016
    Hey Bob, is there any case and what's the least you'll take for it?

3. BobDeRosa

May 16, 2012
    Penfield, NY
    Sorry, johnnybegood, no case. I have my own cases, but I play mostly upright on gigs, so lack of a case hasn't been an issue. Let me think about how low I'd go. Did you see bherman's post yesterday about a 4-string Portamento for sale, with case and shipping, for $620? That looks like a fabulous deal. At that price, it might already be gone.

4. BobDeRosa

May 16, 2012
    Penfield, NY
    Change of plans, guys. I'm taking this off the market and keeping it. However, anyone looking for a Portamento should check out bherman's post from Tuesday -- outstanding deal on a 4-string (as long as it's as mint as he says it is)! It will be a long time before you see this great bass with a case, shipped in the US, for $620.

bherman likes this.
  5. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Bob - thanks for the bump! I agree these are great basses for the money; if mine doesn't sell soon I'll pull it and try it some more.