1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez Roadstar II '87?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LazyFatNinja, Mar 22, 2013.

1. LazyFatNinja

LazyFatNinja

Mar 19, 2013
    Hello.

I've been made an offer to buy an Ibanez Roadstar II from 87 in mint condition. Does anyone know anything about this bass? I did a quick google but it seems to be a bit of a lack of information. I would pay about $500-600 for it. Thoughts?

2. Technotitclan

Technotitclan Lurking TB from work

Mar 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    I've never played one but everyone that has love them. Theres some threads here about them. Just do a search.

3. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    deviated prevert
    Your location and the model will affect price somewhat, as will condition.

FWIW, I have 2 Roadstar II 5 strings from '85. They seem to be fairly rare, and I've never seen one for more than $400.

Have pics of the bass in question?

wraub

4. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    You're probably not going to find much info on an '87 Roadstar as they weren't made past '86. '87 was when Soundgears and Road Basses started. That being said, you need to find out the model of the bass in order to determine its value.

5. LazyFatNinja

LazyFatNinja

Mar 19, 2013
    Oh. I guess the seller is a bit clueless then. I'll try to get some more info from him.

6. Roadstars were made up untill 1987, the Soundgears which went onto replace them.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=370&now=2

7. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    For $500-$600 you could buy 2 of those basses. The market price for Roadstar II's is around $250. If you're patient, you can get them for less. For a *mint* example, with hardshell case, maybe.... mayyyybe it's worth $350, tops.

8. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
    Depends on the model, in addition to the "Roadstar" designation most all basses had a model number like "RB924" or somesuch. If there's no model# I'd assume it's a budget model and go no higher that $300. Good basses anyway...

9. LazyFatNinja

LazyFatNinja

Mar 19, 2013
    Oh.. Sounded like it was a top notch deal from him haha. I guess I will buy the one I was going to buy in the beginning!