1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR405/406 GAS!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Enmesarra, May 30, 2007.

1. Enmesarra

Enmesarra

Apr 29, 2007
    Turkey
    I've got a Jackson Concert V bass, made in Jackson's "golden years", about mid 90's, with alder body, maple neck, Kahler bridge (fully adjustable, even individual string spacing), p/j pickups, 5 strings bla bla... It's pretty comfortable and great looking, I love it, but SR405/406 has really been in my mind recently, I have never played a SR series bass, so I can't compare with the SR neck/playability etc.. So what do you guys say, should I keep my Jackson or sell it and buy a 405/406? By the way, I play death metal with fingers and I like growling/aggressive tones with no distortion.

Mine:

[​IMG]

Gas:meh: :

[​IMG]

2. the sr necks are so smooth and fast, i used to own one but it got destroyed in a car accident...but the only way you will get to feel and hear what the sr405/6 sound like is by trying them out, and i hear ebay is crawling with those things

3. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    this should help the gas a little... LOL it will be in my hands tommorrow :)

[​IMG]

4. Enmesarra

Enmesarra

Apr 29, 2007
    Turkey
    Thank god that I don't like natural finish, or I would have been chased by cops by now for bank robbery.

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Even my cheapie 205 plays and looks amazing. The craftsmanship is amazing (in my case) for $300! The 405 is likely much better to gig with thought as the pickups are likely much better than mine.

DSC02162.jpg

6. Some Groovy Guy

Some Groovy Guy

Sep 28, 2006
    Vancouver
    IMG_0612.jpg

Second Bass I ever owned. Very vesatile in sound and plays awesome.

Edit: Not a 406 I know, but still a SR.

7. alexit

alexit

Feb 21, 2006
    If you get a 500 series, you'll get Bart Mk-1 electronics, which are quite nice.

8. ive got the sr405...the neck is slim so its good for moving around quickly..i reckon its a nice clean sounding bass with the dx5's..good for fast fingering.. but that jackson looks rad dude!

Attached Files:

9. zack112

zack112

Dec 15, 2014
    If you are still interested in selling the bass how much are you asking for it?

10. big jilm

big jilm

May 1, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I have an SR405 and I really like it. The string spacing is kinda tight for me, but I am getting used to it. It has been seeing a lot of playing time since I got it a few weeks ago. My Bandmates like my Jazz Bass a little better, and I think I do too, but it just keeps ending up in my hands when I play.

Nice flat fretboard, thin neck, easy to play. Sounds pretty good, too.

Only you can say if it is for you, though.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021