1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR405

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kenbuntu, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Well i was checking craigslist and i found a guy selling this bass for 400. I managed to get it down to 350. The bass is 10 months old and Light amber is the colour. There is a slight ding at the top of the headstock, which he was compltely upfront about.
    so my question, is 350 a good price for this bass used? Mind you this bass goes for about 600 at my lbs.
    BTW the price is CAD.

2. there are better basses for the money. I learned on the Ibanez 405 for a few years, so I have a lot of experience with this bass... I'd liken it to an older Corolla. If you need bass, it gets the job done, but there are far better options out there

3. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    oh yeah what could i get in for 350 Cad? Used

4. SX is great for the money. You could probably find a gently used Fender Jazz too if you look hard enough.

How much is $350 canadian? If it's around $300 USD, you can buy a brand new SX and mod it up to make it sound GREAT

5. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    yeah its about 310 USD. 300 is my bidget really but since i already have an sr400 my dad is willing to chip in a few dollars. For the jazz, i wouldnt be able to find a 5 string for 300-350.

For the SX and mod it idea, i dont know because, once i buy the bass my parents will say: " why are you buying these parts the bass is new you dont need to buy this" and then ill say ill buy it in a month theyll say no and ill be left with a purely stock shanghi instrument. It would be a lot easier if Kurt could upgrade the parts before he shipped it here but i remeber i asked him about a year ago, he said no. Also after shipping costs and customs, the brice HXB 405 comes to 350, and the jazz 5 comes upto 250. I dont know buddy.

So you are saying that An SX instrument would have better build quality/ construction, better sound, better everythign rather than the ibanez. I'm no genius but i think not. Thanks though.
    And besides i have to go through the hassles of tax here in ontario ( 14% right now) soo 250 times 14 percent, you do the math.

Is there another bass i could get used thats as good as this SR405?

6. do what you want, it's not my money. I'm just saying I've played the sr405 for like 5 years and I have never been satisfied with it. There are a lot of people with a lot more knowledge than you or me, and I have yet to hear a negative thing about an SX bass.

7. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    ok
    Anyone else? i just want to know Is 350 CAd a good price for this 10 month old bass?

8. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    It's an okay price. Last I checked they list in the high 400's with no case (like 487.99) and they might have broken the $500 mark. Problem is there are so many damn Ibbys made that it is not like these things are hard to find on the 2nd hand market.

That said, I had an older SR405 with a proper 3 band eq nd I only got $300 plus shipping on evilbassguitarcrackhabbitbay. So I am guessing you paid on the high end but don't sweat it if you dig the bass. You still saved $150 compared to a new one and these basses are a good calue any way so you are still ahead of the game.

9. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Wait a second-- for 350 CAD you got a great deal. Sorry, I was bading my info off US prices. Next time I'll read more carefully. Enjoy the bass...

10. pty-rock

pty-rock

Jul 31, 2006
    Panama
    The Ibanez basses have very thin necks! Some hand cramps should be expected. Also, the pre-amp isn't very good. Try TBC basses. For $300.00, i'd say they are the best deal out there!

11. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    I didnt buy it as yet roger :p Maybe by next friday it may be at my house.

And TBC Basses? do they have a site of some sort? Ill sereach the forums.

EDIT: say those basses are looking pretty good. But Id ont see a price, and how does shipping work? Customs and duty: is that Taxes? if not would i have to pay taxes after that, and on ebay they show only one bass there.
    How much would shipping costs be?

How much would this bass be:
    http://www.thebasscompany.com/guitar-jt500ss.htm
    Or
    http://www.thebasscompany.com/guitar-jt500jj.htm

And crap i checked their site and they gave a number thats toll free only in the us , so i cant call. What to do?

As long as it comes up to under270 us, i think its do-able.
    But dang those basses look great.

12. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    bottom of the page already?
    Anyone?

13. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    So i read some of the TBC thread, and the info part on thier site, when will their custom shop be open and could anyone call them to find out if they have any 5 strings lefT?

14. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    last time bumping :p

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021