1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez SR506

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gotbass1228, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Well... I bought one about 7 months ago and wondered how you all like them. Do you think that it would be a good idea to give it passive pickups?

2. Your41Plague12

Your41Plague12

Oct 30, 2007
    It already has passive pickups. The Bartolini MK1's are passive. The preamp is active though.

3. well... dont i just feel like a tool. haha. how could i go about changing that?

4. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Lincoln, CA
    Changing what? And what don't you like about the sound of it? I have an SR500 and generally like the tone. The mids can be iffy at times, but I really like it other than that. Just curious as to what your thoughts are.

5. I recon my question really boils down to being ignorant to bass wirings. I would love to know the difference between the sounds of active or passive basses.

But about the bass, i love it. I havent had one problem with it since i got mine. I play progressive rock to Doom Metal and its absolutely perfect. I also do small jazz gigs. anything else you need to know, id love to answer it.

6. kcolyar

kcolyar

Feb 28, 2007
    Moab, Ut 84532
    Whats the difference between the 506 the 706 and the other 6 strings. Is it just the wood in the body? I played a 506 and loved it.

7. I've had mine only a few days but am really liking it so far. It's my first six-string so I'm having to adjust to the C string. I love the tone of this instrument!

8. GrindYourMind

GrindYourMind

Oct 30, 2008
    I've had a 506 for years and it's the only bass I've ever had that I've been completely happy with. It's the only bass that's MINE not just one I own.

9. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    Yes, the only difference is the wood. I own a 706, and the only reason I bout the 706 over the 506 is because they were the same price at a local Guitar Center.