1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR700...just got it.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mello_bedwetter, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Just picked up a new Ibanez SR700. I only have 1 picture but I thought I'd show it. I'll take more later.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. NICE! I love me some ibanez

3. That's one of the few Ibbys I love.

4. Bearwolf

Bearwolf

Dec 21, 2007
    Houston Texas
    Nice looking bass and cab behind it. Ive been looking at the SR700 as a 2nd bass next to my ESP LTD B254. The MB210 sure looks tempting with the extra power. I've been using the MB115 and am pretty satisfied with it..Though the lows get a little muddy on my current bass. I'm pretty much a 80's hard rock player or attempt to play, I've only been at it for 3yrs but am hooked on it.

Goodluck with the SR

5. I played about 35 years ago and quit. I just started up again about 3 years ago. One group that I play with play mostly 70's and 80's classic rock. The other group I play with play mostly older country like Waylon, Haggard, stuff like that. I use a Fender P and Jazz sometimes but mostly with the country. I'm planning on using the Ibby for rock.
    The MB210 combo is nice. I have the extension cab for it too. It puts out some pretty good volume and I do like the sound of it...not necessarily my playing though.:meh:

6. Oh man, this just fires up my SR GAS.

7. Bearwolf

Bearwolf

Dec 21, 2007
    Houston Texas
    The jazz is my other interest..not just too set on it yet..even though it seems thats the one to own. The new SRT line of Ibanez basses is pretty appealing, especially the contoured body shape, but I think I would like to try something with different pickups than EMG's since I've already got one with those. I did give the new Squier VM jaguar a try through a mb210 at GC and it sure put out a great sound. I still prefer the SR necks however. Decisions Decisions...

I think the hardest thing with this hobby is there are too many to pick from and too little $$.

8. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Aside from the price you probably paid for it being new thats a decent choice.

9. smcgov

smcgov Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Northshore Mass
    very nice, I used to have an sr-950 and it was a great sounding and playing bass. I've had lots of super expensive basses and really can't say that any of them smoke the 950 at all.

10. I used the SR700 today at practice. It seems like I had to turn up the master and gain on my GK MB210 combo, more than I do when I use my Precision or Jazz. Overall I really like the bass. I'm going to use it for a lot of the classic rock we play and stick to the Fenders for the old country.

11. This is a little better picture.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

12. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Can anyone confirm that the SR700 is well-balanced with no neck dive issues? The lesser SR300 model is almost perfectly balanced. If I move up to a 700 I want it to retain that characteristic, in both seated and standing positions (obviously with a properly adjusted strap).

Thanks.

13. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

May 3, 2010
    I recently tried the Ibanez SR700CN before buying my BTB770, the 700 was really nicely built and played superbly, excellent controls and sounds but the BTB 770 really stood out with its very attractive Poplar burl top and more substantial shape, also I preferred the control set up, both fantastic basses though and easily as well made and good quality as basses costing a lot more money .

14. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I just played an SR700 last weekend. I was really amazed at the tone of those bartolini pickups and just how comfortable the bass was to play. I did a side by side comparison on the Ibanez website of the SR700 & SR500. As far as I could see both basses were identical except the SR700 has the amber finish.

15. The SR700 also has a Maple top, whereas the SR500 is straight-up Mahogany.

16. philtoler

philtoler

Dec 3, 2009
    I just bought an SR500 and I am really pleased with it except that it's more difficult to coax the sweet tones out of it than my P/J bass. I think the main problem is getting the best string over pickup clearance - just can't seem to find the optimum so far. Would be interested to hear what others have found.

17. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Very nice! Just fell in love with Ibanez all over again after getting my '89 SR2000 yesterday :D

18. Dp1363

Dp1363

Jan 8, 2011
    New Jersey US
    Here's my set up.....

Love the SR700 and it sounds great through the GK MB212!

Attached Files:

19. subject42

subject42

Jul 14, 2010
    Just give in. You won't be disappointed.