1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez warranty / customer service?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassrique, May 12, 2019.

1. I have a problem with my Ibanez bass I picked up a couple months ago from Guitar Center. I will see if there is help for me via the warranty route. I will likely need a new neck.

My first look at the Ibanez warranty conditions says something about warranty registration w/in 10 daysof purchase if I recall correctly. I did not get the card and did not inquire about one. Do you gentlemen think that will be a problem from your experience? How have your experiences with a (GC) Ibanez warranty claim? Thanks.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

It's very unlikely for a brand new Ibanez neck to be defective.

3. Pictures, perhaps an explanation? What's the issue? 'Cause I agree with @Jazz Ad

4. Where the neck meets the body the neck ("ski") slopes up a tad. I was hoping my impressuon was wrong, but the GC tech called a couple hours ago and confirmed it. It won't be an issue unless I like to play up the neck if I may paraphrase him.

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Ski jumps can be fixed within an hour by any pro. If it's under warranty see what they have to offer but replacing the neck isn't necessary at all

6. I have done a fair amount of making adjustments in my time. Is this a simple truss rod issue in your estimation?

7. I should have said it needs a shim perhaps. A new bass should not warrant a shim. Am I off?

Stumbo likes this.
  8. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    If they will replace it, do it. That's what a warranty is for. :thumbsup:

Dean N likes this.
  9. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    This.