iceman bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by retitled, Oct 9, 2004.

1. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    i was at the local sam ash yesturday and i saw this bass that resembled an iceman but i couldnt tell i was ina rush and couldnt see the the name on teh head stock i did a search on google and i found this

this isnt the one i saw. the one i saw had dot inlays, 24 frets and cost $300 this one has non of teh above.

can anybody help me find it?
  2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    It might have been an older Iceman. Ibanez made them for a few years in the 90's but has just within the past year brought them back. I'd maybe buy one just to hotrod it. Do a search for "Iceman."
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    In the early 90's Ibanez released an Iceman bass for the first time even though the Iceman guitar has been around since the early 70's. There were two models one with a set neck and one with a bolt on neck and I believe that they were only available in black (but I could be wrong). Ibanez has recently re-released the Iceman in a Brownish wood color with dot inlays and gold hardware for about $399. I think I just recently saw that either Guitar Center or Muscians Friend was selling them. Cool looking bass.
  4. I just bought a '94 IC300B for $300 on ebay. It's made in Korea. Sounds good. Could probably use new PUs.