1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ID Parade Help!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iriegnome, Oct 3, 2006.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    OK. Looking for help to ID this bass I had when I was 15. Yes I hate the silly socks as well, but fashion and Rock and Roll.. What the hell - I was 15.
    Anyway, I do beleive it was a Kimberly. Something of a 1966 or 1967, but cannot remember much else.
    Someone out there should know....
    Thanks for the help!

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I can't help you out, but i'll give it a Bump and say "nice shorts!":bassist: :bassist:

-Mark

3. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    :p Again - 1980 - We thought we were cool and dressed for the ladies!!!

4. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Come one!! Someone??

5. karrot-x

karrot-x Inactive

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    The bass is so far away in the picture it's hard to tell. It almost looks like a guitar :).

6. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    Looks like one of the countless Japanese or Italian "student" basses that were made in the 60's and 70's. I'm guessing it was probably a Harmony but as I said that is just a guess. Thats also an interesting pointy guitar in that pic as well.

Edit. Here is some info on Kimberly guitars
    These Kimberly guitars were made by Kawai, the company that produces primarily pianos today. They were imported by Limmco Inc. which was owned by Bob Seidman and distributed through the Lafayette Company catalog. They first appeared in 1969 and I'm really not sure how long the were produced. They probably most certainly disappeared by 1973 since almost all Japanese manufactures were focusing on producing copy guitars by then. They are great little guitars, you're lucky to have one

7. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    teisco?

8. manbass

manbass

May 20, 2004
    Tampa Bay
    Yea...teisco or univox.

9. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    It is a Kimberly. I do believe they were made by the Tiesco machine. Anyone have any idea as to a model number?

10. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    to be 15 again, just for a day, I'd stay up all night and write the songs this time. Man, The Who were right, rather die before I get old, aging sucks.

11. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Amen brother :rollno:

12. If they came from Kawai, they didn't come from the "Teisco machine".

See above.

13. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I am coming to grips with it myself; it may suck but it beats the hell out of the only alternative. I do NOT agree with the Who song; I'm 57 and still opening new doors. I'm a better musician now than ever before, and I'm learning every day. Whining doesn't help, and giving up is not an option.

14. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Someone has got to have an idea about these old basses :help:

15. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    :eek: You are never going guess this :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: My brother came over to my parents house while I was visiting :hyper: :hyper: and and and He pulled my bass out of his car and gave it to me!!! Om My Fu*king Holy Sh*t!!! :hyper: :hyper: I will post some pic's later this week.

16. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Awesome!!

Hurry hurry!!

-Mark

17. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    The more and more I look into this the more it becomes surreal. I have been unable to find this bass for quite a while. I am sure they made a billion of them. I am on a quest to repurchase the original 4 basses that I had when I first started out. This Kimberly was the first one. The next one I am looking for is a Peavey T-20FL. Then it is time to find a Washburn something. I don't know what the model of the Washburn was, but I will have to figure it out.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021