1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ID These Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

They are the ones in the pic below. They came on the used P I bought. White silk ends on the tuner side and one the bridge side they have black ball ends (the ball retainer is black). Anyway, I REALLY dig them, but have no idea what they are or who makes them. They are rounds. Gotta buy more of these for my other basses. Help me out please!

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m59/atinder/P1020705-1.jpg

2. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    Dean Markley Blue Steels are made just like that. The only white silks I've ever seen. I'd like to see the rest of that 70 something P bass. :bassist:

3. jmattis

jmattis Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Washington DC
    Yup, those are most likely Dean Markley Blue Steels (unless there's an imposter out there). Great strings. It's funny, I literally just posted something about those strings. I got a gift card from GC in the mail, wanted to try out something different, and picked up a set of them. I was very pleasantly surprised. Good life to them too.

4. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    +1 blue steels