1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

IEM UE vs 64 Audio

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by brian0515, Nov 14, 2018.

1. brian0515

brian0515

May 19, 2016
    two part question
    For the last several years 64 audio has done a 20% off sale on all their IEM...does Ultimate Ears also do a % off? I know, like they’re doing currently they’ll offer a free speaker or universal in ears along with a purchase but I’m more interested in $ savings.

Secondly, I’m deciding between the UE 11 Pro and the 64 Audio A6t or A4t. Does anyone have any recommendation between these three models. Which do you prefer and why.
    Thanks in advance!

2. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    I have NOT used the UE11 Pro extensively, but have listened to them a fair amount. My guitar player had a set that he seldom used.
    I have TONS (5+ys and some 400+ gigs) on both the 1964 Qi's (2 .5 yrs) and A8's (2 yrs).
    I LOVE my A8's (TONS of BASS), and I can say for certain that the ADEL (now APEX) tech dramatically reduces the ear fatigue one gets with "closed" shells. I used the REV33 device with the Qi's (which helped reduce fatigue), but found it was not needed with the A* 'cus of the ADEL tech.
    For that reason alone I'd "recommend" the 64 Audio A4's over the UE's, tho' IMHO the audio "quality" is comparable.

That said, if price is a factor, then 1964 appears to [NOW] be focusing on the audiophile market vs musicians and much as I'd like to go with their N8's, the $1700 price tag is beyond my budget, even playing every weekend. Tho', I DO LOVE my A8's.
    YMMV

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  3. brian0515

brian0515

May 19, 2016

4. brian0515

brian0515

May 19, 2016
    Thanks for the info, I love the APEX feature of the 64 and that is a huge vote towards the 64. The biggest obstacle if the A8 or I guess now the N8 has a lot to offer for bass is the cost. If 64 does again offer the 20% BF sale that puts the N8 at $1360. UE is offering me 20% off as well which puts the 11 pro at $960.
    Is the Apex, worth $400 more?

5. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    Idk .. that was the question I had when upgrading from the Qi's (now the A4's) to the A8's.. was the APEX and and extra drivers really worth the $$.
    At this point I'd say yes (2 yrs in). Why? I don't get ear fatigue with the A8's and I DO hear bass parts (with 4 vs 2 LD BA's per ear) that I could not with the Qi's. and yes, I got ear fatigue with the closed shell Qi's, even keeping the volumes low.
    So there is that, and yes... I totally LOVE the A8's, but I would ask the same question as you are askling now, If I was looking into doing an upgrade to the N8. Interesting configuration, but are they worth the price diff ???
    At this point in my music/gigging career.. I don't believe they are - because I use them 95% on stage and not much elsewhere.. mostly when I fly..