If this Ritter had one less string...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

...I'd be beyond broke right now. :eek:

I know, it's a "love it or hate it" design, but I absolutely love it. This one's at Bass Emporium... and the color is "captain silver".
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    One less? Picky :p
  3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    My God... how does he do that? That bass is so friggin cool!! I've loved that design for a while now, it looks good no matter what color it is but that one looks especially amazing!
  4. It's cool until you get to the upper horn, then it's too much.
  5. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    hahahaha.... that's my favorite part. :)
  6. Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

Dec 8, 2004
    I've played it :) Some of those Ritters are unbelievable. I wish I knew where he got his wood from.
  7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
  8. Playing a six isn't too bad...and Ritter's are awesome...I played one at Rudy's in NYC and it was by far the best bass I've ever played...it was actually the same Ritter featured in Bass Player magazine...I dunno how they let me touch it...let alone play it...they wanted 8,000 for it though....that's a lot of money...but when you think about it, if I had that kind of cash I'd drop it right then and there and bring that puppy home with me. :cool:
  9. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    I hope there's a good discount on them :p
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    your title is 'quiet, fignuts!' ...do i have reason to be offended?

11. I have to say that bass has me reaching (retching?) for the sick bag - it looks horrid - I know Ritter's are made with amazing materials and Jens' workmanship is top notch but having played one at The Gallery in London I was overly impressed - mainly with the sound - and they are expensive too - about 4K here or about $8,000 - it really is a matter of taste and this definitely isn't to mine.

12. I like it, but mine would be extra long scale and strung F#-B-E-A-D-G.

It is very surreal looking, not a design for the masses.

But the hardware looks gold. ewwww. black or gunmetal or silver- anything but gold, yo.
  13. iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Love the body color.
  14. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    The confluence of art and function. Simply stunning.
  15. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I'd buy that for a dollar!!!
  16. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

yep i played that same bass.... but wasnt as wowed by it as i was that black "Classic" 4string.

i dig Jens's stuff.... but if i were to ding it i might have to kill myself, twice.

BTW the ones at Rudy's have had to be serviced many times.... and never seemed to be fixed in such a way that would deem them "sellable"..... a shame.... 8k for a bass that doesnt work..... hmmmm... Scott, rethink that price man.
  17. I think it's MISSING a string!!! :)
  18. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Looks fine to me!!

19. Boy, if I had that kind of money, it would already be heading my way.