Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm going to start saving...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trevorus, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I am drooling over this thing. http://www.rondomusic.net/sjb62ctfretless.html

I am going to start putting cash aside to buy one. Anyone own one of these?

If the pickups aren't satisfactory, I have some lace sensors sitting in my guitar/bass parts bin. What should I expect with this thing?

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    $140???
    Kinda hard to go wrong if it plays at all.
    :bassist:

3. I have no idea what in the world the other guy is talking about,but I say go for it.I am a firm beleiver in the SX/Brice stuff from Rondo,my friend bought one and I thought the pickups were fairly decent.A pickup switch could help,but you could always put the originals in now,couldn't ya?

4. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I have the 5 string version in Lake Placid Blue. It's definitely worth the money. After I spent some time setting it up, it now gets a very pleasing, woody, fretless tone. :)

Good luck and have fun! :bassist:

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Awesome.

6. Wow that is so cheap!

7. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    If only it were without fretlines...

8. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I like the looks of that one myself.

9. I agree! Anyone know why they insist on fretlines? Is it because they mostly intend for their basses to be sold to beginners?

10. I am very interested in buying one... should I?

11. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I'm planning on getting one of those after my new amp and cab

12. The real question... This versus the real deal.. how does it compare to a fender jazz?

13. Well, I haven't actually played one, but from what I have heard from every single TBer I have seen talking about these basses, they are worth the money. I mean, they cost what, 1/8th of a Fender Jazz?

14. Just a thought, and something I noticed...

Istn't the thumb rest on the wrong side of the strings for a right handed bass? And if it isnt a right handed bass, it has weird configurations.