im gonna get crap for this...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by beyondthe48, Jul 7, 2008.

1. beyondthe48

beyondthe48 Guest

Apr 29, 2007
    my guitarist is looking for a good site like this, but for guitar of course. i told him that talkbass is really comprehensive and meets my needs for bass info. he says he hasnt found a great site like this for guitar and always has to surf around - any suggestions?

there has to be some gui****s on here.

2. beyondthe48

beyondthe48 Guest

Apr 29, 2007
    woops - mods maybe move this to general discussion? or a better suited thread? my bad

3. nicfargo

nicfargo

May 28, 2008
    Lincoln, NE
    Tell him tough luck...gui****s aren't smart enough to put something together as comprehensive as Talkbass.com.

4. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Here ya go.

cat-crap-big.jpg

5. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    I'd have to say the Gear Page www.thegearpage.net

I personally don't like how it's layed out because the effects section is bunched into the accessories and I can never seem to find a post your pedalboard thread but it seems to me like the most guitar friendly forum. Harmony Central might not be to bad either.

6. René_Julien

René_Julien Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Okay, anyone can post such a pic and be funny.

But SpankyPants,

How were you able to emit that smell from my speakers?:confused::meh:

I have to break out the air freshener.

Thanks a lot.

:)

7. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Always looking to help, my friend. It's just my nature.

(Go to KLSU right now! I'm on da air. I are in ur radio waves, infiltratin ur spekers.)

8. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    SPANKY LIVES! :eek:

Geez, man, you never come on TB nowadays...

How've you been? :D

9. Try GuitarVoice - bunch of great guys on that board, with a ton of members, but only a handful actually contribute. That being said, there's a lot of knowledge there.

10. I'm recently returning to the beloved bass world from guitar hell-- I'd tell him to avoid Harmony Central. The guitar section is full of people arguing about the most devastating kung fu move they have (yeah- come time to throw down, I'm hoping there's a guitar player around) or whether chubby girls can be pretty or not. I kid you not. I believe the average age on the site is 12 years old.

God, I love being a bass player again!!!

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The Post Your Pedalboard thread on The Gear Page has over 12,000 posts in it- how could you miss it?

12. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nuts...

In Feb I caught the flu, which turned into bronchitis, which became strep, which turned into pneumonia. I dropped 30 lbs in a little over a month. Do you know how much weight a skeleton can afford to lose? None.

I wasn't getting any better, and I had a ton of school to catch up on and a new job. We kept doing tests to figure out what was up, but it was a slow and frustrating process. Did a blood test for mono, saw my liver enzymes were "abnormal." I stayed sick, always green in the face, exhausted. I kept forgetting really simple things - it honestly felt like I had Alzheimer's. For example, one day I completely forgot where my classes were. No joke. I was SO confused. I didn't figure it out until a classmate called me to check up. I was so overwhelmed with trying to catch up with school and work that I started to forget more important things. I missed a month and a half of work, so I needed money. I was working overtime while sick... it was ridiculous. I'd forget that we had a report due (it was like 30% of our grade); hell I forgot we even had a book to read. I'd forget tests, names, people. I thought I was going crazy. It may have been the medicine over-drugging me since I lost the weight. Maybe it was the liver stuff. Maybe it was a recurring sinus problem...

So I got a CT scan and an ultrasound. I had hundreds of gall stones (wth?). They said they've never seen a youngun' with such a bad gall bladder. My sinuses had also swollen shut and filled with pus and polyps. I finished the semester (I'd have been damned if I had to withdraw again), and had the surgeries in late May. I was out until the first weeks of June. One surgeon released me on the 2nd, the other released me on the 4th. My boss scheduled me for the 2nd... I tried to call him the week before, but he wouldn't answer or return the calls. He's a tiny Thai man that's filled with a lot of rage. I didn't get fired; he just wouldn't tell me if I was on the schedule.

"Sam, am I on the schedule this week?" *In honky asian accent* "IhavenoideaIverybusyG'bye!"

So I've been working as a DJ for LSU's radio station, and I just got another serving job. Trying like hell to save up for when I transfer to CSUN in August, but I'm still poor as hell, haha. I sound like an old man... Back surgery, gall surgery... At this rate, I won't have much left to take out.

Just been trying to make ends meet. Plus, I don't need the extra GAS. Still playing, though. Doing recordings with bass, been playing drums around town with a friend's solo act.

How've you guys been? I saw all kinds of new stuff from EHX...

13. Damn dude! Just when I think my life sucks you go and prove me wrong!

Man, I hope things are on the uphill side for you from now on. That really sucks.

14. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    TGP is a cool place. It gets a bit high-falutin' for me at times, but it is a great resource.

15. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    :confused: I can never seem to find it when I go there, and of course they don't have a search button that I can find either.

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just go to the pedals forum and arrange the threads by post count- it's the biggest thread in the forum. And the the search function is right at the top- it's a V Bulletin setup, exactly like TalkBass has. Are you not a member there? Some V Bulletin forums have Search disabled if you're not signed in.

17. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    So I went to your stream, and I heard Nirvana covering the Meat Puppets.

You're a good man, SpankyPants.

18. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Damn, hope your on the up stage of life now.

Yeah a micro BMS, Bass muff, a DI/Distortion/Compressor, and another distortion. Pretty cool.

19. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    For Telecasters (and the odd Strat), you can't beat the TDPRI.

c-

20. thebean

thebean

Jan 23, 2007
    Tell him to go to hugeracksinc.com. It has a lot of good info.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021