Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm leaving for a long time.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've had enough of losers on this forum giving me a hard time about everything. I just had a convo on AIM with a member that infuriated me so much, I don't feel I can stay here without saying something out of line. There are some nice people on here, but too many who just piss me off. Goodbye. :crying:

2. Toodle-oo.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Addio!

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    If you're going to leave, then just go-don't post a "pity me" thread about it. You wouldn't have gotten a hard time from any of the "losers" if you had shown some respect and not wasted their time with your ego and indifference to the effort they put towards helping you when YOU asked them for help in the first place.

5. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    there's some drama queens in here sure , why not just add them to your ignore list.

its in your 'my talbass" settings somewhere

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    This reminds me of paniak17's (a member of some trollish behavior) 'I'm leaving" thread. In it he said this:
    Dear TalkBass Members,

We'll If you have even noticed, I havent posted here in a while, this is because I have found a new forum, and in my opinion totally better. This is hopefully my last post. I just wanted to let you guys know. You guys were a big part of my life for a while. Thanks for the fun.

Sincerly,
    Paniak17

He's posted over 110 new posts here on TalkBass since he wrote that :meh:

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    later on, kid

8. See what YOU PEOPLE do ?

/cry

anyway it's nice to get goodbyes so we don't suspect you died/were eaten by a zombie.

9. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Bye. Have fun.

10. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey, hey, hey, we're not all like that :scowl: :D

11. No, I do know that. :D :D :D :D

12. Um guys, it's not puberty...remember, he has logic - crippling ADD...

13. I do tend to forget that, more's the pity. ;) ;)

14. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Many members have consistently acted like dicks when interacting with Nick... reminds me of junior high school.

I guess society always needs someone to kick, eh? :eyebrow:

15. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    This only happened after Nick consistently acted like an egotistical know-it-all and showed little to no respect, yet regularly expected people to still try to answer his questions despite not caring about their answers.

Many people have treated him unnecessarily badly, yes, but it didn't start from nothing. It was a response to his actions.

16. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Who cares if you think you have found a better forum. I personally think talkbass isn't just for bass. There is so many members you can put a thread talking about the amount of lead in solder and you would get loads of great replies.

I would say everyone on this forum treats each other as they wish to be treated back, so you must have done something to upset alot of people!

17. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.