I'm making it official...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RAM, Dec 24, 2003.

1. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm gonna be a daddy!!!:D

We've held off making any announcements until after the 1st trimester, since my wife is in the high-risk group. We don't yet know what the sex is, but we'll find out when she has her amnio in a few weeks.

The only thing that sucks is I was about to buy a friend's Lakland 5-string JOB, and had to cancel.:bawl: I loved that bass...maybe later...

In the meantime, I've got other things to look forward to.:D
  2. Congrats man...thats great. Best wishes for you and your new family. :)
  3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Congratulations!! Is this your first? If so, your life is about to change dramatically and permenently - and for the better. You said your wife is high risk? Take care of her- do everything around the house. Don't let her lift a finger. I'm sure everything will be fine, but she needs a lot of rest and she'll apriciate all the help. Oh, and as I'm sure you've heard - once the baby is born, forget about sleeping for a while. ;)
    ...but hey, seriously, Congratulations! :cool:
  4. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Congrats! I didn't sleep much before kids...now I have a reason to stay up and somebody to watch the late shows with!:D
  5. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the well-wishes!:D

We're really psyched! And, I am helping around the house a lot these days...I don't have as much time to practice, but I don't mind so much. It's really great knowing my wife is carrying the first of my family's next generation!:D

The timing was perfect, too! We'd been trying for only 3 months. She'll end up missing my brother's wedding, because he's getting married out of town right after the baby's born, but even he's okay with it!

Seriously...I couldn't ever imagine what it feels like. It's even brought the wife and I closer, which I didn't think was possible!
  6. Congrats there, RAM.

That's good news.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool RAM, being a father rocks.
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    right on brother!

9. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Way to go man!:D :D
  10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Congradulations! :D

My regards to you much cuter half, by the way...

...be sure to give me a shout if you're ever down this way again, man!
  11. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Good news RAM! Glad to hear that. Wishes of health and happiness to all.

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Screw that bass:D

Kids are the coolest thing around. It really doesn't get any better.

13. Congrats to you both! We just had our first on Dec. 12th....hang on you are in for quite the ride!

14. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses

The good things to look foward to:
    Watching their faces when they see that the milk & cookies they left for Santa has been eaten.
    Seeing their eyes as thay open gifts/toys (that I wanna play with more then them. ;))
  15. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York

"Daddy, look at the Sadowsky Santa left me!" :D

Congrats, RAM.
  16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

17. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks, everybody!:D

We're so excited!

Nino - my wife's sister already has 2 little ones, and we spent Chanukah with them a couple of years ago. Watching the little one open her presents almost made the Mrs. and me teary-eyed! Now we've got our own to look forward to!

Gard - I believe April is the next time my wife will be trying to get rid of me for several hours. I'll call you so you can hide and make sure you're not scheduled...IIRC, I spent about 8 hours in your store playing about as many basses, asking questions, buggin' you, 'n crap...I'm up for it. Are you?:D

Zoomboy - Mega Contrats! Every time I see a parent walking down the street with his/her little child, I'm amazed at how cool that is!

Brad - Thanks! I was really looking forward to that bass. I can live with 2. Since I'm not in a band, right now, what the heck do I need with a third? (Don't answer that...):D I may still try to find a way, though we now have to buy a stroller, a baby seat, a changing table, a crib, clothes, diapers, valium (for the dad), etc...:eek:

Thanks to everyone!:D
  18. Are you hoping for a boy or a girl? I always thought it would be cool to have a daughter...
  19. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    We go back and forth. But, quite frankly, we're happy to have a healthy baby.

I've heard from some that girls are better for fathers because of the "daddy's little girl" thing. But, I grew up the oldest of 3 sons, and am therefore more comfortable knowing how to relate to a son.

Either one is fine...healthy is ideal.;)
  20. odie

odie Supporting Member

Hey congrats.

Boy or Girl its all the same. I have alittle girl. The "daddys girl" is true. But on the other hand it would be cool to do "boy stuff". Either way kids are great.
    Easily the most life changing experience for me. I love being a Dad more than anything in the world.

I did go thru a post baby birth crisis were I sold everything and didnt play for 4 years. But I never missed it.

Also who knows you maybe able to make to make the wedding. My daughter was born 11 weeks early, my best friends son was born 3 weeks later.:eek:

Pass the cigars after the big day!!