Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

IM poll

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chris A, Nov 8, 2003.

1. AOL

28 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. MSN

12 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. ICQ

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. Yahoo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Instant messengers are for people who don't have real friends!

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Hey,

I just started using Yahoo messenger and I don't have anybody in my buddy list. I've been using aol and msn, but alot of the people I used to chat with don't seem to be around much anymore. Do more talkbassers use the Yahoo messenger than aol or icq or msn? Which do you find has better features?

Chris A.:rolleyes: :bassist:

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    it's not even about features to me, AIM is just way more convenient.

I use iChat, which is apple's AIM compatible chat program. It supports audio and video chat, as well as let's you name people in your buddy lists, so that I don't need to look at some persons random handle. and it syncs with apple's address book software, so it's easy to keep contact info all in one place.

things like that mean a lot to me, I don't really need a lot of features, just basic stuff, and a good UI, that's all an IM program needs.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    AIM is most common so id use that. I use AIM and MSN, but MSN i only talk to , like, 2 people on.

4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Totally AIM with DeadAim.

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  6. TRILLIAN FOR GOD SAKES! TRILLIAN!

its an all in one thing, lets you be on and talk to buddies from aim icq yahoo msn etc all at once

plus its skinable :)

www.ceruleanstudios.com

7. I'm into my MSN Messenger. But it's probably because the version of my AIM is older.

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Apple's iTunes is the only way to go. I now collaborate with my band over the internet, and the ability to speak over the internet (without typing) is a god-send.

9. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah, I know... I really didn't like it THAT much though. I mean, it's cool to have everything on one, but it has options that the others don't, and don't have what the others have. Overall I wouldn't mind being on a few different messengers at once also.

10. I use AIM, because everyone I know is on it. I also use the Steam IM, but that's a little different.

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    AIM is great but its even better when you download the DeadAim enhancement.

It lets you asign an alias for each screen name, sign on under multiple screen names at once, and message while away on top of other things.

Peace
    Nick

12. I use AIM cause its what everyone else uses and makes it easier to talk to everyone without having a 4 other chat programs. Though I do have MSN and Yahoo.

13. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I use all of them, AOL, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo..... I wish I could get everyone I know on one!

P@

14. read my post ;)

15. I've been using MSN messenger for the past 2 years...

I used to use ICQ alot before that(as you probably remember, chris)

:bassist:

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Trillian!

most people Ichat with are on AIM... but I have a few friends on each: AIM, YIM, MSN, ICQ

So instead of having many extra applications open at once, I log into all with Trillian

17. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    i think aim is the most widelly used, so..... i wouldn't call it the best but, i would call it the most widelly used

im a geneus i know:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. You are missing out if you don't have this program and you use AOL IM!!!

19. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    you can do all that and more on trillian, AND it's free.

20. whenever I used Trillian it had a tendency to crash my computer, not log me in, or randomly sign me off. And I even tried several versions.

I guess they fixed the problems since more people use it now?