i'm ready to start reading sheet music

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by metalbasskid, Dec 29, 2003.

1. I have been playing for four years now, and iam finally ready to actually learn how to read sheet music. The problem is, i have never taken an actual lesson, so my music teacher at school just helped me cheat my way through the music(i had no problem playing any of it, just sight reading it). i am afraid he may have taought me the wrong note names and scales for the bass guitar(one instrument he doesnt KNOW)...My mom is a professional music teacher, and has music for me, but i dont want her to teach me, because it is complicated , her being my mother and all...what i am asking is, where do i start? i dont have any money to spend on anything, but my equipment is fine( a squier p, a fender p, stienderger 5-string, and an ibanez acoustic bass). (also, a fender bxr 200 amp).
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  3. I don't understand what you mean by "may have taught me the wrong note names and scales for the bass guitar (one instrument he doesnt KNOW)." They're the same notes and scales on every instrument.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  5. I meant, i think he taought me the wrong note names, such as where b flat is and where e is.