1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm starting my journey into slap today.

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Stinsok, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    With the exception of the inappropriate snap/pop at gigs I haven't really tried. I'm starting from the ground floor. Any advice or links to lessons you like will be greatly appreciated.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  2. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    One of the things I need to expand on, as well... I'm thinking a perusal of Scott's Bass Lessons would be a good start. Good luck. Remember, it doesn't have to be fast, but it pays in spades if it's good.

3. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    I believe this is what you're looking for
    The Slap Bass Welcome Center

Alik and Whousedtoplay like this.
  4. enricogaletta

enricogaletta

May 21, 2011
    Get the Slap It book, is the bible and in my personal opinion, still the best way to move the first steps on slapping.
    These two groove videos were inspired from Slap It. Please let me know if you need some help, I will be happy to give you some advice.
    Merry Christmas.

Whousedtoplay likes this.
  5. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    I like "The Slap Bass Program" by Alexis Sklarevski. Somebody posted the entire video to YouTube! :)

Alik likes this.
  6. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Learn the Larry Graham stuff. Some of the tunes are very appropriate for beginners and sound good.