1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

In a Band After 15 Years!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by stettoman, Dec 11, 2003.

1. I finally broke out of retirement and found a nice little group of guys to gig weekends up here. Classic rock with a few fun originals kicked in.

I like this better than back when I was full time on the road with a manager slowly putting the band up his nose...

These guys have been around for years and have no shortage of work. Nice supplement to an already small income.

Bottom line: I am happy

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Good for you! After 15 years you deserve to be happy....Classic rock is a blast.

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Looks like I'm the only one that cares

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there, that's one for today for ya:bassist:

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Way to go. I'm about 5 years from retirement, but I've already got my gig(s). Glad you got back into it!

5. ...Yeah, the knee-length hair's gone, the fingers aren't as fast--15 years of construction work, ya know!

I still have the bass I played way back when, and it took all of a day to relearn songs I used to play as current hits!!

Man I love music!!

6. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Congrats. I got back into it 2 years ago after a 20 year hiatus. :confused: Just started my own band, gettin ready to take it to the stage in about 3 months. :hyper:

7. Smurf

Smurf

Dec 27, 2003
    Congrats! And remember, HAVE FUN!