Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

In a Band After 15 Years!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by stettoman, Dec 11, 2003.

1. I finally broke out of retirement and found a nice little group of guys to gig weekends up here. Classic rock with a few fun originals kicked in.

I like this better than back when I was full time on the road with a manager slowly putting the band up his nose...

These guys have been around for years and have no shortage of work. Nice supplement to an already small income.

Bottom line: I am happy

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Good for you! After 15 years you deserve to be happy....Classic rock is a blast.

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Looks like I'm the only one that cares

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there, that's one for today for ya:bassist:

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Way to go. I'm about 5 years from retirement, but I've already got my gig(s). Glad you got back into it!

5. ...Yeah, the knee-length hair's gone, the fingers aren't as fast--15 years of construction work, ya know!

I still have the bass I played way back when, and it took all of a day to relearn songs I used to play as current hits!!

Man I love music!!

6. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Congrats. I got back into it 2 years ago after a 20 year hiatus. :confused: Just started my own band, gettin ready to take it to the stage in about 3 months. :hyper:

7. Smurf

Smurf

Dec 27, 2003
    Congrats! And remember, HAVE FUN!