In Memory of Weej

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by rllefebv, Jun 16, 2004.

1. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I was saddnend recently to hear of the passing of a fellow bass player locally... I have only met Jerry Noyes a few times at Seymour gigs here in Portland, but for 13 years he was the bass player, rhythm section mate and treasured friend to someone who is like a brother to me... Seymour isn't a band that achieved any degree of fame, more likely than not you've never heard of them... just a bunch of guys playing for the love of playing.

Through my friend Jim and the stories that he told of Jerry, I felt that I knew him a little bit... His playing philosophy was to serve the song, sit back, groove, (okay, maybe a little tense now and again), and enjoy the time spent onstage with his friends. He did this more often than not when he strapped on a bass and locked in with Jim...

I know that this Thursday at least, when I get together with my mates for our weekly jam, sappy as it sounds, I'm gonna let 'em know how much they mean to me, how much I enjoy our times together, and I'm gonna lay at least one squarely in the pocket in memory of Weej...

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS