Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

In Memory of Weej

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by rllefebv, Jun 16, 2004.

1. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I was saddnend recently to hear of the passing of a fellow bass player locally... I have only met Jerry Noyes a few times at Seymour gigs here in Portland, but for 13 years he was the bass player, rhythm section mate and treasured friend to someone who is like a brother to me... Seymour isn't a band that achieved any degree of fame, more likely than not you've never heard of them... just a bunch of guys playing for the love of playing.

Through my friend Jim and the stories that he told of Jerry, I felt that I knew him a little bit... His playing philosophy was to serve the song, sit back, groove, (okay, maybe a little tense now and again), and enjoy the time spent onstage with his friends. He did this more often than not when he strapped on a bass and locked in with Jim...

I know that this Thursday at least, when I get together with my mates for our weekly jam, sappy as it sounds, I'm gonna let 'em know how much they mean to me, how much I enjoy our times together, and I'm gonna lay at least one squarely in the pocket in memory of Weej...

-robert

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS