1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Incoming cab/head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Marcus, Apr 7, 2006.

1. After running up and down New York with Hartke gear for the past seven years, I decided to invest in a new setup 'cause the Hartke was just not cutting it for my ears anymore. I wanted something far more aggressive... so I decided to begin my hunt.

First, I was looking for a nice 2x12 cabinet. It just so happened that recently, a 2x12 by SWR was being blown out, which can be found here
    so I pulled the trigger last night. I've heard good things, and some bad, but the general consensus (from what I gather) was that SWR's can get a really solid, dense tone. So that's one down.

Next, a head.

This is where I had difficulty. After shopping around NYC, the one amp that fit my price range and matched my aural criteria the best was Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II To say I'm excited is an understatement... I've never deviated from Hartke's before so I'm hoping for the best in this experience. I should have both amps within a weeks time.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    What happened to the Hartke gear? Sentimental keepsakes? :D

-Mike

3. Jettisoned!

I'm Hartke free!