Individual Coil Tapping on a HH bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MustangLouis25, Nov 5, 2016.

1. MustangLouis25

MustangLouis25

Jun 21, 2015
    England
    I have a bass with two musicman style humbuckers and a three band EQ. It has a 5 way position switch for different coil positions and it is the same coil switching as a HH Musicman Stingray. Right now, there is no way to get single coil sounds or a Humbucker & Single Coil sounds. I was thinking of modding my bass to install some switches to get every tone possible out of the bass. I was thinking either four on/off switches for each coil (1-4) and possibly another switch for Series/Parralel

or two four way switches with:
    Coil 1,
    Coils 1&2 (Humbucker in Parralel)
    Coils 1&2 (Humbucker in Series)
    Coil 2

and the same for coils 3&4.

Could anyone suggest any wiring diagrams for me to take to a luthier or different wiring with switches.

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

image.jpeg

• 3-way pickup selector switch
    • 3-way coil select on each pickup
    • series/parallel switch
    • independent volume control on each pickup
    • master volume control

You could also replace the two independent volume controls with a blend.

No tone controls in diagram, but it would be easy to add one. Best bet would be a master tone if needed since the switching options should provide more than enough flavor.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021