Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

inexpensive USB mixers?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by no4mk1, Mar 29, 2004.

1. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I am trying to rig up a simple computer recording setup to do simple rehearsal recordings, and to record simple bass/guitar projects.

I upgraded to Adobe Audition from Cool Edit Pro, and I need a simple/inexpensive input device/mixer.

I am looking at this one in particular.

TASCAM US122 USB Audio/MIDI Interface

Is there any reason this device wouldn't work for what I am looking for?

Cheers,
    Chris

2. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    I've heard nothing but praise for that little booger (I'm using a US-428, and the thing works fine, does the gig and puts out good sound). Sounds like the thing you're looking for... there are some other comparable offerings, like the M-Audio Omni. My 428 does not have phantom power, and I wish it did...
    Rog.

3. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    I've heard a lot of people praise those. If I'm not mistaken I saw it for $150 somewhere the other day so you might wanna look around a bit.

Something you may want to think about is how many mics you're going to be using for rehearsal. If you're going to be using more than 2 you may want to look at something else. I've heard a lot of people say the little behringer mixers are good for simple recording and mixing.