inexpensive USB mixers?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by no4mk1, Mar 29, 2004.

1. no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I am trying to rig up a simple computer recording setup to do simple rehearsal recordings, and to record simple bass/guitar projects.

I upgraded to Adobe Audition from Cool Edit Pro, and I need a simple/inexpensive input device/mixer.

I am looking at this one in particular.

TASCAM US122 USB Audio/MIDI Interface

Is there any reason this device wouldn't work for what I am looking for?

2. thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    I've heard nothing but praise for that little booger (I'm using a US-428, and the thing works fine, does the gig and puts out good sound). Sounds like the thing you're looking for... there are some other comparable offerings, like the M-Audio Omni. My 428 does not have phantom power, and I wish it did...
  3. I've heard a lot of people praise those. If I'm not mistaken I saw it for $150 somewhere the other day so you might wanna look around a bit.

Something you may want to think about is how many mics you're going to be using for rehearsal. If you're going to be using more than 2 you may want to look at something else. I've heard a lot of people say the little behringer mixers are good for simple recording and mixing.