info on 97 P bass ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TGLbass, Sep 3, 2010.

1. TGLbass

TGLbass

Aug 20, 2010
    I

2. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    I recall seeing a couple of Light Blue (sonic/daphne) that were regular "American Series" basses. Probably uncommon, but not unheard of.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It's a classic color. I had a '97 Jazz V in that color. I think it was a standard color that year, as someone brought a '97 Sonic Blue P bass to a GTG I hosted a few year ago. It is a very seldom used color.

4. It was a stock color in the late 90's. It was called "Sky Blue" at the time.

5. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Sky Blue != Sonic Blue. Sonic Blue is a classic color from the 60s, like Seafoam Green.

6. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Here's a picture from our 2005 GTG. My bass was the Jazz V - both were "American Standard" - I think this was a stock color for 1997 only.

Attached Files:

7. So they switched from Sky Blue to Sonic for one year only? That is odd.

Either way it's not a custom color. Fender only does customs on custom shop stuff and even that can be pricey.

8. Bill G.

Bill G.

Dec 2, 2005
    Baton Rouge
    This is my '03 P in Sonic (or Sky or whatever) Blue:

[​IMG]

9. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That looks like sky blue, not sonic blue, to me. Both colors are tough to tell in pictures.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021