Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ingrown fingernails

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Are absolutley terrible. I cannot fret one thing with my left ring finger. Ouch! And it's been that way for like weeks. IT's finally scabbing over after I drained it about 1000 times. But damn...

2. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Go to the doctor and get some anti-biotics. I've had them too and I know they hurt.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Do these occur just bc of lack of cutting of nails or for other reasons ?

4. Cutting them too much.

5. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    I had an ingrown toenail REALLY bad...okay, so it has nothing to do with playing bass but yeah...it hurt...especially when my mom messed with it...

6. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    This is so disturbing, I will make it my sig.

7. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I get them sometimes, I just get a pocket knife and fish the devils out.

8. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    actually, it depends sometimes on cutting.. But if you get them continually, especially in the same finger - toe - it can be genetic where your nail root is too long.. So you gotta goto the doctor and they cut the edges out then kill the edges of the root.. I had to do this on 2 of my feet.. :crying:

9. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    lol my mom played docter too I almost wanted to die. One of the worst pains I have ever felt in my entire life. The puss smells really bad too.

10. screwball

screwball

Jul 25, 2004
    Manchester UK
    How many feet do you have? ;)

11. I noticed that too.

12. i had that surgery done on both my big toes ive been better ever since. Just go to a doctor. He'll know what to do ;)

13. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    lol.. I meant that I had to have it done twice, on my feet..

14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    A friend of a friend gets ingrown toenails fairly often and has actually had his nails removed more than once.

15. Tim__x

Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    I was hungry :meh:

16. Went to the doctor today. Got cream and stuff to soak it in. Said it'd be better in 4-5 days.

Whee.

17. This quote has got to be one of the most disturbing things I've read here on TB. Even if 'pus' was spelled right...

18. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    oops sorry I didn't see the error.

19. The LAST things I wanna see in a sentence all together are "My Mom" , "played with", and "puss smells".

I think I shall systematically vomit from all orifices now.

Hey, I don't remember eating THAT.

Way to go, Oedipus. (I'm joking)

blleeeaaarrrrghhhhh! poot!

20. Two weeks later here I am. It got better for awhile and I was playing regularly. Now it hurts like a female dog again. I'm soaking it with Hibiclens for...alot of time per day, in hopes that it clears up.