International Classifieds

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 5544, Apr 10, 2017.

1. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    So I am browsing through the Talkbass International Classifieds and I find this humorous:
    Ships to::
    • Worldwide
    • United States
    In case it escape you, apparently shipping to the United States is not the same as shipping Worldwide :whistle:

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Just in case your geography is a little off. :woot:

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Reviewer: Bass Player Magazine
    Did you think they were the same somehow?

4. Could be a fan of baseball.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Pfft, this is 2017. No one is a fan of baseball.

6. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    For people living outside of the US, "worldwide" includes the United States.
    For people living inside of the US, "worldwide" includes Alaska and Hawaii.

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  7. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    International sellers will often ship to the US but not worldwide, so both options are given. Some will ship to neither. It makes it clear for the seller and easier to search the ads by having those options.

8. No matter where you are, shipping is always to somewhere.

9. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    Why would someone NOT ship to somewhere?

Always baffles me...you make money on the sale wherever it ends up

5544 likes this.
  10. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Because if something goes wrong with the shipping, customs, potential damage, or the payment, the results can be vastly different depending on the country you sent it to, and suddenly your bass or your money could be trapped in a faraway land where you don't know the laws and you can't even speak the language of the people there who might be able to help you.

guy n. cognito likes this.
  11. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    Shipping, customs and potential damage is easily solved by contacting the shipping company that took money in exchange for services. As far as payment protection, Paypal has been pretty smooth for the last 18 years I've used it (buying and selling).

12. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's nice in theory. It's not true though. This is from someone who has run the Classifieds here for years and has sold internationally numerous times.

guy n. cognito likes this.
  13. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN