1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

International Payment Options Other Than Paypal

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by PolkaHero, Oct 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    I have a prospective buyer from another country that doesn't have a Paypal account. What other secure options are available for payment for the transaction?

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Scam.

Of course the buyer could be perfectly legit. But if they're not, then the first thing they'll do is encourage you to give up the PayPal seller protections.

PortlandBass77 likes this.
  3. There's plenty of options outside paypal, but none of them are secure (as in you wouldn't be protected if it is a scam). I highly recommend against using these but they do exist:

Moneygram
    Western Union
    Bit Coin

4. ckuhn

ckuhn

Jun 16, 2006
    I'm from Brazil and always use paypal. AFAIK it works worldwide

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Why are Americans so afraid of wiring money and bank transfers? I have sold several basses to international buyers with wire transfers. As far as I know, that seems to be the preferred method around the globe.