1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Intonation for Young Double Bass players

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by tadams, Oct 11, 2006.

1. tadams

tadams

Oct 11, 2006
    I have just joined this forum specifically to find out about intonation issues for young 17 year old Double Bass players.
    I am a music teacher and I have to assess a 17 year old girl. I would really like to encourage her by giving her a fantastic mark, because I think she has done a really fantastic job. Her performance did, however have some intonation issues. I would really like to hear from anybody, who could give me some reasons to explain these intonation difficulties as completely typical for someone of this age. The marks I give her will be moderated by an external organisation , so the reasons must be good. She has played repertoire of this assessment all the way up to thumb position.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks
    Terry
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/smilies/hyper.gif

2. Peaceful

Peaceful

Oct 8, 2006
    North Carolina
    I guess that applies to us old'uns who are learning, also. I just ain't seventeen and cute. Any more. Not for a long time. Forty years or so. Still cute though. (HA - who is he kidding?).

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021