I've been a long time lurker on here and decided it was about time I introduced myself. My names Sam Young, I'm 27 (as of today), and I'm a long time bass player/gear hoarder. My day job is a CNC programmer and a machinist in a protype shop so I've always loved working with my hands. Anyways, on to the first project. About a year and a half ago, I decided that I wanted to build my first bass, but wasn't ready for a neck yet. I've always been a big fan of Warwicks so I tracked down a beatup Corvette $$ body and neck on ebay and that is where the story begins. I planed a little over .25" off the front and back of the body. I had picked up a nice piece of quilted maple earlier in the summer which I decided to bookmatch and use for the front and the back with a .030" fiber veneer from lmi for an accent line. Once it was glued up, I put a 3/4" roundover on the whole thing and then did a little carving to get everything comfortable and to get the layers to show how I wanted. When I was doing the roundover, I splintered the top on the upper horn. I glued it back together the best I could and the sanded it down until the still damaged section was gone. I finished the body off with a few coats of tru-oil. The neck was in pretty good shape minus some heavy fret wear in a couple spots. It got releved and all the wood got sanded back down and then finished with a few coats of Howard's feed-n-wax. When all was said and done, I finished it a year ago this week. The specs: Neck: Warwick 5-string neck with solid brass nut Body: ash core w/ quilted maple top and back and black veneer accent Scale:34" Bridge: ABM style individual string bridges (spaced at 16.5mm) Pickups: Delano MC5-FE x2 (with s/p/sc switch for each) Preamp: Glockenklang 3-band Tuners: Hipshot Ultralites Strap mount: Dunlop recessed straplocks Strings: Circle K .041"-.158" tuned (G#C#G#C#F#) That should about cover the details, so now for the interesting part, pics. Sorry I didn't start taking any until the body was glued up and trimmed. all the goodies body rough carved laying it out starting to apply finish assembling finished Anyways, that it for the project that is done. I have a new one which I'll be starting a new thread on soon. Hope you enjoy!