1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Intro to keyboard

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Aug 30, 2007.

1. I just picked up a midi-controller (M-Audio Keystation 61es) and am having fun picking up keyboard/piano lines and recording. I'm not becoming a pianist - just want to have a keyboard for recording at home or with the band.

I've got a bunch of vst plugins for Cubase and I'm screwing around with it, as well as with Reason and Fruity Loops.

So here I am, on talkBASS, asking for your help. :D

What are some good (free, online) resources for becoming a decent home-studio keyboardist? I'll no doubt be borrowing my pianist buddy's piano books to pick up sight reading and work on 2 hand playing, but what about the keyboard/synth itself? Learning to construct lead lines, finding the right sounds? And the aformentioned Reason and Fruity Loops for making electronic lines?

Thanks as always, TB.

2. Play some 80s Rush.

'Nuff said.

3. Subdivisions is one of the first songs I picked up. :D

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Actually there are some good questions in there.

I need a good keyboard for my attempted home studio. But mostly what I'm seeing good prices on are controllers, like the m-audio stuff. What is a good cheap or even free sound source to use with them.