iOS tuner recommendation

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by dhosek, Sep 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dhosek

dhosek

May 25, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    Now that ClearTune is no longer supported on my phone, I need a new tuner app. Any recommendations on a good tuner that will respond quickly to pitches in the double bass range?

2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I use PanoTuner for my BG.

Works well for me and is free

farace likes this.
  3. misterbadger

misterbadger Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Northern California
    Peterson works for me.

kesslari likes this.
  4. Maple

Maple Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I have been using OmniTuner for many years now - works great with low B and with uprights. I like it because it also has tunings for cello and ukulele which my kids play.

5. farace

farace Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    I'm using that as well. I even ponied up the few bucks for the added features.

6. I have the TC Polytune - not sure if you can still get it.

Another thing to watch out for - check that the app is 64 bit. OS11 is about to nuke apps that aren't updated.

7. the_Ryan

the_Ryan

Jul 10, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    Tonal Energy is my favorite

8. Matthijs

Matthijs Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Amsterdam
    Is cleartune no longer supported on your I phone? It still works perfectly on my I pad. Should I worry and avoid any new updates? I really like that app, and it's not just me. Before gigs the whole horn section stops by my Ipad to check their tuning.

9. hbabels

hbabels Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    I use Pro Tuner and have had good results with that.

Also if you need a great metronome app Tempo is AWESOME ! Totally worth the $5

10. I use the BossTuner app on my 6S.

11. n-Track Tuner is a freebie. I've been using if for several years.

12. Les Fret

Les Fret

Sep 9, 2009
    why is it no longer supported? I also have Cleartune. For me it is too jumpy and sensitive and reacts way too much on outside noises. It is useful though when you are in a totally quiet room.

13. Michael Eisenman

Michael Eisenman Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Eugene, Oregon
    If you are running iOS 11, only 64-bit apps are supported. To see if Cleartune is affected, go to Settings>General>About>Applications. It will tell you whether Cleartune will run under iOS 11. BTW, I don’t see Cleartune in the App Store. Plenty of others are available; I use iStroboSoft, sometimes with the optional adapter, mostly not.

Les Fret likes this.
  14. Spectre1966

Spectre1966 Striving For Mediocrity Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Wallingford, CT
    I have the TC Polytune, Boss, and Fender tuners on my phone....they all seem to work well.

15. Les Fret

Les Fret

Sep 9, 2009
    Cleartune has been updated to osx 11 now!

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021