1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Iron Maiden tribute - Boston, MA

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by Rick McCarthy, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Rick McCarthy

Rick McCarthy

Aug 11, 2012
    Hey bass playing people,

I'm new to the forum though I've cruised through from time to time, lurking, learning... great site you folks have here.

So, we have a Maiden tribute called Beast Over Boston and we're looking for our Steve Harris. The band is all mid-30's-early 40's and though I've only been with the guys for a short time, the band has been around for 6 years and has a pretty decent pipeline of good gigs coming in (#2 billing on the Station Fire Memorial Foundation Annual Ride to Remember in RI coming up next month, for example). The current lineup is strong and we've got an excellent fill-in bass player but he is busy with 2 other bands and can't commit beyond the 4 gigs that we have currently booked. And would be willing to step aside immediately should a long-term player surface soon.

You can listen to a few tracks on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beast-Over-Boston/163188068185 though these were recorded by last year's line up. The band is noticeable tighter now with the fill-in bassist, new drummer and new guitar player (me - lol ;)).

We rehearse in the Hyde Park section of Boston in a rent-free space (singer's recording studio) once a week and ideally gig 1-2 times a month. We've played a few smaller gigs to warm up the new line-up but hope to focus on slightly better venues and better paying bookings once we have a permanent bass solution.

Ideal player would have all the basics (transportation, gear, etc.), be drug-free and have a general knowledge of and enjoy playing Maiden tunes. Please be 21+ but otherwise age is irrelevant though desire to play is a must. Auditions to begin in the next few weeks.

PM or email me for more details.

Thanks,
    RM

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

Damn. Wish I was a bit closer

Rob

3. Good luck, I'd like to see you live once you find someone.