Is it ok to load two 410 with different impedance?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by luoluobass, Aug 5, 2009.

1. luoluobass

luoluobass

Mar 15, 2009
    I have an aguilar db750, and i want to load two 410 cabs. But the cabs available for me are one 4 ohm and one 8 ohm cabs. I don't know if it is OK to load the two cabs together? What will be the total impedance after I load the two cabs together? Thanks.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    FAQ, amigo. FAQ. 2.67 ohms.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike TTRPG enthusiast, Happy, Joyous, & Free. Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yep, 2.67

the 750 can take 2 ohms so that's fine. the 4 ohm cab will get twice the watts but will not be twice as loud. try it.

just remember, as you turn it up, the 4 ohm cab will be taking a lot more of a beating. forget how loud it sounds, listen for distortion and if the cones start jumping like mad (a little movement is ok, "mommy please get me out of here" is not. ;)

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    You can, but it will work about as well as putting 13 inch wheels on the left side of your car and 18 inch wheels on the right. :confused:
    For best results get two identical cabs.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021