1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is Musician's Friend always this bad with packaging?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Falkner, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Falkner

Falkner

Mar 5, 2008
    I ordered from MusicainsFriend for the first time last week and my package finally came today. Wow, I've never seen such a poorly packaged order before. It all came in one box far larger than it needed for what I had in there, and everything I ordered was scattered all over the box and had obviously moved around a lot during shipping. They had a bit of brown paper in there as packaging material, but it wasn't nearly enough to protect anything during shipping, especially since it was mostly just lying under everything instead of surrounding it and keeping it in place.

The boxes on my tuner and chorus pedal are worn and dented, the books I ordered are a little bent and have wear on their covers. My guitar stand has a few visible scratches and dings on it and was halfway out of its bag already.

Everything seems to be OK except for a little cosmetic damage, but damn they did a horrible job of packaging this. I dunno if I'd order from them again if this is how they send things out. I'd post pics, but I don't have a camera. Nothing is bad enough for me to go through the hassle of sending back, but it still sucks.

2. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    I've ordered form Musician's Fiend a few times and i can say their packing department sucks. Their packing + UPS or FedEX equals your stuff arriving to your house none functioning.

3. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst

Jun 4, 2008
    send an angry email. Just to piss them off.

4. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    "Is Musician's Friend always this bad with packaging?"

Yes.

5. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I would definitely complain to them about it and comment that you won't be ordering again. Shoot Id even tell them that you posted your experience on a HUGE bass player forum for all to see as a warning... I know just by reading this I highly doubt I will ever order anything from them (and I had planned on it), thats for sure.

6. do post this feedback on the MF's webpage for each of the items you bought and any other place you find it suitable.

7. anyway yes i have had bad experiences with MF too and i rather only deal with zzsounds and it has always worked out fine with them

8. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Yes, every time I've ordered from MF in recent times, it's been the little bit of crumpled brown paper treatment... fortunately nothing's ever been damaged but I feel like I'm dodging bullets.

9. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    It happens to everyone, ZZounds shipped me a speaker cab that got lost in the UPS zone. MF can't pack tuning pegs,everytime I order a set?, I get one and have to make calls. I've had the best luck with the smaller shops Like Bill's music in MD.