Is the NID a thing? Saffire 6

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by twinjet, Nov 17, 2015.

1. twinjet

twinjet Powered by GE90s; fueled with coffee. Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    New interface day?!

Today I scored a Saffire 6 USB for $85. I've read up a bit on the unit here on TB and consulted my local shop on these. I figure for home recording of covers and bass reviews, it would suffice.

I realise the Saffire is a bit outdated, but I had $160 locked up at one pawn shop, and this device didn't sound like a bad deal. Tell me about your experiences with the Saffire 6. How can I best utilize it? Thanks!

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Never used one heard they were good congrats on a nice score.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

It's a straightforward interface, specs are as good as the next one, decent preamps and MIDI plugs which is always good to have.
    Not much trouble to expect from these, although I hear they can be a bit capricious to install.

4. twinjet

twinjet Powered by GE90s; fueled with coffee. Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    11/18/15: Figured out how to disable the mic. Recordings sound great now! But I can't use my earphones for live monitoring as a delay always ensues.

Not sure if I did it right. I need to figure out how to disable my laptop microphone because when connected to the amp, the bass is recorded but the result is a garbled mess.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015