1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is this band video fake??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by zazz, May 7, 2010.

1. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpwDvuNWro

its bugging me that although im sure these guys can play their respective parts but the sounds on the drums and bass strings are just too well worked out not to be over dubbed or something..

what do you guys think??

2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    100% real deal, just takes practice.

3. BassMaster4s

BassMaster4s

Jul 28, 2008
    Wind Gap, PA
    Andy wins

4. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE
  5. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    My guess is that they did a video track from a camera, and then recorded an audio track into a mixer, and then synced those tracks together to get this sound. There's a good chance they processed the audio (sounds like it was normalized and/or compressed). When you watch the end of the video, there's a loud pronounced "hey" that no-one sings into the mic to get. Usually that's done with compression to raise the level, while keeping other things even. But I don't see anyone move their mouth much either, so it could be an overdub.

I'm pretty sure it's processed to some degree. Not sure if it's pre or post.

And as far as guitarists who can play multiple parts simultaneously, it's hard to beat Tuck Andress

6. Bassymmetric

Bassymmetric

Apr 27, 2010
    Sorry but they all are saying "Hey" in the video......you can see the guy playing guitar saying it.

7. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I didn't mean to say they didn't say it, but they were all pretty far from the mic for it be that clear pronounced. The guitar player wasn't even shouting in the direction of the mic.

I have no doubts that the video was done live. I doubt that the audio track came from a video camera microphone.

8. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    thats what i was saying about being overdubbed... they obviously played it once like that and again on thier respective instruments and then layed them on top of each other.

the tone on the bass string of a steel acoustic when you are essentially just doing pull offs and hammerons is amazing to the point of disbeleif. No string buzzes just an amazing decent acoustic bass sound that normally you would need two hands to acheive. Just try using one hand on a bass string on an acoustic..see how impossible it is.

even where he is fretting more or less at the twelfth fret and yet this gorgeous bass tone is coming out.

the drummers fingers are amazing like each finger including the index are delivering these well balanced well hit great sounding bongo type sounds.

all through the same box..well mixed with these well mixed in reverb heys..

nah.. youtube is full of this stuff and these kids are getting real good at it .