Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this enough watts?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xring, Feb 4, 2006.

1. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I am looking to get my last cabinet that I will ever need for any situation. With PA support, and without. I am looking at eventually getting the Schroeder 310212 (the light version). It may be seen as monster, but in the scheme of things, it's easy enough to schlepp myself, and is not a HUGE cab. I want something that will never ever fart at loud volume on the really low notes.
    So the question is: Is the 1000w out of an Ampeg B4r enough to do this cab justice?
    Tons of Schroeder info here, but really...just that one question.
    Thanks.

2. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I would think 1000 watts would be fine. I don't know much about the cab or what amp you are using but dude, it's 1000 watts.

3. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    [​IMG]

Why have 5 speakers when you can have 10?

2x15, 2x12, 4x10 and 2 tweeters.

Hahaha :p. Bad Cab is the end all of all cabs but despite tech's use of neo speakers, it's still vast. So realisticly you'd probably stick with the schroeder.

1000 watts is a lot yes but who knows, largely depends on where you play and who you play with how much you need.

4. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Well I figured my 1000 is only around 300 tube watts.:D

5. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Famous last words ;)

6. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    if you go with the 4ohm 310212 I think that would REALLY ROCK!!! all by itself.