1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this Fender bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Roltancc, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Roltancc

Roltancc

Dec 6, 2016
    Hi Guys,

I came across this bass and I'm not sure if this is a real Fender bass, Can anyone shed some light? thank you. jag headstock. jag body.

2. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    Not based on those tiny little pictures!

DigitalMan likes this.
  3. Roltancc

Roltancc

Dec 6, 2016
    fenderj2. fenderj3. fenderj1. fenderj2.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    design and Zane DeBord like this.
  4. ajkula66

ajkula66

Sep 23, 2016
    NEPA
    No.

TinIndian, ICM, aah_scary and 11 others like this.
  5. Roltancc

Roltancc

Dec 6, 2016
    Sorry, this is my first time posting here and trying to manoeuvre this forum. Someone trying to sell this off as a fender bass. I have not seen this head stock before and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this bass?

6. And I

And I

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    Google Fender Jaguar bass. Check the wikipedia page for the history of the instrument. You'll see it looks nothing like this, and it never did. I doubt this is a real fender. Get a serial number and check it against the fender serial number database.

7. Roltancc

Roltancc

Dec 6, 2016
    Yes the closest resemblance is the squier skull and crossbone bass that has a headstock that look something like this. I remember reading a post on this headstock. but I guess this might not be a fender after all. The owner is not able to tell me where it is made.

8. The "Jaguar Bass" decal on this one was made out of different fonts. Counterfeit.

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  9. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

No guesswork needed, 'cuz that ain't a Jaguar by any stretch of the imagination. ;)

10. And I

And I

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    What's the asking price?

11. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    The body looks kinda Vantage like, but not the neck! Definitely not Fender of any kind. If they are asking more than $50 I'd laugh my head off

12. Bodeanly

Bodeanly Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    As a self-proclaimed Jaguar addict, I am deeply offended by these pictures on a personal level.

13. Yeah, wow. I usually like to browse these 'is this real' threads to pick up stuff from the experts; but this one is so bad, even I can spot it . . .

RSBBass, design, bopeuph and 2 others like this.
  14. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Hahahaha fender my @ss lol

Jeff Scott likes this.
  15. I play a Jag on our church worship team. This ain't one. Not even close. Wrong body , wrong headstock, wrong tuners. :rollno:

16. flatfender

flatfender Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit Supporting Member

1416423935853_zpsbnqorf79.

17. For a seller to pass that off as a fender jaguar ,him or her must live in Antarctica

18. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Yeah those antarticans cans_are_my_homies_basic_round_button_key_ring-r8cdba550d542419d9aeec0a9dcb9daa4_x7j3z_8byvr_324. man haha

Sixgunn and staurosjohn like this.
  19. Good eye!

nerkoids likes this.
  20. Yes it is the famous Fender Jaguar Ibanez SGR-P bass II, 1982, only 100 done ... who's not aware of this JV between the two companies? Ibanez developed then the SGR series from that early design...

ronaldpdbrandt likes this.