Is this Normal? Kiesel Vanquish Volume Output Issue (or not).

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by 74hc, Apr 30, 2019.

1. 74hc

74hc

Nov 19, 2015
    Sunny California
    Hey,

I have a great, beautiful Vanquish as pictured in my avatar. After about a year with it, I started to notice it had very low output. Much lower than my passive Precision bass with Fender original 62 pickups.

The blend knob acts more like a volume knob, but it sill functions to blend. If I have the bend knob set to the neck pickup entirely, it's at it's loudest. As I turn it to blend, the volume lowers. The lowest volume is with it set to just the bridge pickup.

I do expect the bridge to be not quite as strong, volume-wise, since it doesn't get the stronger string vibration as the neck does, but not this low. I don't need the PAD engaged on my Ampeg; even with the potentiometer turned all the way up on the preamp board.

I have case open with Kiesel who asked me to turn that pot all the way up. I am testing, and planned to this past Sunday, but someone wiped out my channel settings on the scene for our band. It was set to be a microphone, and my input gain was gone, plus the HPF, and a few other settings I made.

While I work with Kiesel, please let me know if you have any insight. I suspect it's the bridge pickup (how can a pickup lose volume like this), or the front section of the preamp board for this pickup.

The pickups are Kiesel radius single coils with preamp as from the factory. The bass is about a couple of years old. No changes have been made other than strings.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 25, 2022